Helena Beauchamp is a powerful witch of the Beauchamp family. She is the daughter of King Nikolaus, sister of Joanna and Wendy, and aunt of Ingrid, Freya, and Frederick Beauchamp. She is first mentioned in The Son Also Rises when Ingrid found the book Occult History of Sorcery and discovers a chapter about her family, the Beauchamps. She rules over the Underworld and gathers, judges, and punishes the souls of the dead.
Helena Beauchamp usually wears a black and blood red robe.
Powers & Abilities
- Main article: Helda (Books)
In the book series by Melissa de la Cruz, Joanna's sister, Helda, is the Queen of the Underworld. Helda is described as an elderly woman with silver-hair. She is often dressed in black clothing and wears a hair bun. She is said to have a wrinkled face, thin lips and steely grey eyes, all of which compliment her steely gaze and tough personality.
- In a deleted scene from The Fall of the House of Beauchamp, it was revealed that Joanna and Wendy have another sister who lives in the Underworld. It is presumed that The Gatherer is their sister.
- It was confirmed by executive producer, Maggie Friedman, that the Gatherer is in fact Joanna and Wendy's sister and that her name is Helena.
- While torturing Wendy, King Nikolaus told her that, once dead, she would receive "her sister's punishment". It is assumed that Helena has the task to punish and gather souls from the Underworld.
- In Mirror Souls (Triple Moon), she is wrongly called Helda instead of Helena.