King Nikolaus is the patriarch of the Beauchamp family and the king of Asgard. He is the father of Joanna, Helena, and Wendy; the grandfather of Ingrid, Freya and Frederick. He is portrayed by British actor, Steven Berkoff.
King Nikolaus came into power thousands of years ago, taking the throne from his predessor, causing a war to breakout not long after. As a result, the Beauchamps were banished from Asgard. Joanna's son Frederick sided with his grandfather and chose to stay in Asgard, rather than leave with them. Nickolaus was once possessed by the Serpens Clavem, which destroyed everything good inside him. When he banished his daughters from Asgard, he warned them that if they ever return, he would kill them both. As a result they have never been back since. He is the person responsible giving the Beauchamp women their curses.
At some point in time, his body was destroyed but his essence was placed inside of Frederick's body. When the portal was opened, he sent the Mandragora to Earth to find a host whilst Frederick carried his Soul within the The King's Symboll.
King Nikolaus is a cunning and ruthless individual. He rules over Asgard with an iron and corrupt fist. The Serpens Clavem destroyed everything good in him and he presumably was a good, kind man before being corrupted by the Serpens Clavem. At some point he turned Frederick against his mother. He tried to poison Frederick with Argentium several times but failed due to Frederick's immunity to it.
Due to his status as the King of Asgard, Nikolaus is an immensely powerful warlock. For example, his advanced level of power allows him the ability to raise a person from the dead, without any consequences, such as causing another person to die.
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Immortality: The ability to possess an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects and beings with the mind.
- Healing: The ability to heal the injuries and wounds of others.
- Shapeshifting: The ability to alter one's physical shape to assume the appearance of another. This power was limited to switching between his face and the face of his vessel.
- Telekinetic Blast: Releasing a wave of telekinetic energy that can cause objects to combust through high pressure
- Resurrection: The ability to bring oneself or others back from the dead.
- Paralysis: The ability to paralyze another being with one touch.
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate fire with the mind.
- Chlorokinesis: The ability to grow, augment or control plant life.
- Apportation:The ability to transfer objects from one place to another.
- Energy Balls: The ability to make and throw balls made of energy.
- Cloaking: The ability to hide yourself or someone magically from others.
- Summoning: The ability to summon someone into the user's vicinity.
- Cursing : The ability to place magical enchantments designed to produce negative effects, often placed on a particular object or aimed at a certain individual.
- Power Absorption: The ability to absorb and take ownership of the powers of other magical beings.
- Soul Manipulation: The ability to contain his soul and transfer it through a red vaporous cloud.
- In Triple Moon: Summer on East End he is wrongly called Nicholas.