Potion Making is the ability to create potions with magical ingredients.
Potion Making is a basic ability that all witches possess, however certain witches are more apt at making them then others, such as Freya Beauchamp. Only witches can make potions and if a mortal was to make one it would be powerless. All witches can create potions but only Wendy Beauchamp, Freya Beauchamp, and Penelope Gardiner have been shown to create potions. Some Potions require spells to be chanted in order to activate them or vice versa.
- Wendy Beauchamp made a vision potion to find out the identity of the shifter. She also used it once before to track down an old boyfriend who owed her money.
- Freya Beauchamp made a potion that she used as a cure for Ramous Mortium using instructions given to her by Wendy. Wendy also told her that she was the only one gifted enough to make the potion.
- Freya made a memory potion to remember what happened the night the portal to Asgard was opened.
- Freya made a potion to remember her past lives.
- Ingrid made a potion to remember her past life in 1906.
- Ingrid also made the potion from Lotus Root to slow down the poison that Killian took.
- Penelope Gardiner made a potion to create crows as an attempt to try and stop Freya and Dash's wedding.
- Eva Gardiner slipped a potion into a drink that she then gave to Killian which is believed to be a love potion.
Freya is the potion maker of the family and probably the most capable witch in this area. Through all the official books (and some novellas) she has created a variety of magic liquours, most of them known as love potions.
Heartsick in Havana (also known as Inconsolable in Instanbul or Miserable in Minneapolis): She created this potion in 1955 while she was in Cuba after her boyfriend left her to join the Che Guevara in Mexico. This potion cures the blues caused by a breakup.
- One ounce of very good rum (the best you can buy)
- Thirteen mint leaves
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Half ounce of lime juice
- Two ounces of soda